Established in 1992, Islamic Family and Social Services Association (IFSSA), is a non-profit registered charity dedicated to providing services in response to the social needs of the Edmonton community within an Islamic context.
Compassion: Understanding the suffering of others and wanting to do something about it.
Accountable: Obliged to report and be answerable for our actions.
Respect: hold in confidence client information
Enterprising: assist clients to overcome their difficulties..
- Provide basic necessities such as food, clothing and other emergency assistance to those in need to complement other community resources.
- Help prevent individuals from forming destructive habits (eg: violence, substance abuse or anti-social behavior).
- Provide appropriate, culturally-sensitive counselling services through qualified professionals.
- Assist refugees, new immigrants and newcomers to Edmonton in integrating comfortably into the community and society at large.
- Collaborate with community agencies and be a resource for culturally appropriate services.
- Operate as a vibrant, professional and well-resourced agency in accordance with our core values.
- Operate programs for youth and parents focused on strengthening the family.